Randall D. Burr, MD - Dermatology
Dr. Randall Burr reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Burr is in private practice at Ada West Dermatology in Meridian, Idaho. He has a special interest in photo-therapeutics, laser surgery, cutaneous oncology, and pediatric dermatology.
Dr. Burr is actively involved in medical education, teaching students and residents from the University of Utah, the University of Washington, Idaho State University, the Veterans Administration Medical Center, and the Family Practice Residency Program in Boise. He has been reviewing medical topics for the Knowledgebase since 1993.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Athlete's Foot
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Fungal Nail Infections
- Lice and Scabies
- Poison Ivy
- Rash, Age 4 and Older
- Ringworm of the Scalp and Beard
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Tinea Versicolor
- M.D.: University of Utah - 1988
- Internship in Transitional Medicine: University of Utah, 1988 - 1989
- Residency in Dermatology: Geisinger Medical Center, Danville, PA, 1989 - 1992
- Associate Faculty, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1997 - present
- Family Practice Residency Program, Boise, 1992 - present
- Idaho State University, Pocatello, 1997 - present
- University of Utah, 1997 - present
- Veterans Administration Medical Center, Boise, 1993 - present
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center, Boise
- St. Luke's Regional Medical Center, Boise
- Veterans Administration Hospital, Boise
- Burr RD, Tyler WB, Miller OF (1993). Burning discomfort and swelling of the hands and face of a young child. Erythropoietic protoporphyria (EPP).Archives of Dermatology 129(5): 635, 637 - 638.
- Kadunce DP, Burr R, Gress R, et al. (1991). Cigarette smoking: Risk factor for premature facial wrinkling. Annals of Internal Medicine 114(10): 840 - 844.