Kirtly Jones, MD - Obstetrics/Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology
Dr. Kirtly Jones reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Jones specializes in infertility, menopause, and reproductive hormones. She has been a faculty member in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University of Utah School of Medicine since 1983 and was appointed Professor in 2000. Dr. Jones also serves as Vice Chair of the department and was appointed Vice Chair for Academic Affairs in 1997.
Dr. Jones served as Medical Director of Planned Parenthood of Utah and as the Chair of the Board of the Association of Reproductive Health Professionals. She has participated in a number of research projects and is the author or coauthor of numerous journal articles on gynecological topics and fertility.
- American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Subspecialty Board, Reproductive Endocrinology
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Fertility Problems
- Genital Warts
- Molar Pregnancy
- Cesarean Section
- Birth Control
- Labor, Delivery and Postpartum Period
- Uterine Fibroids
- Menstrual Cycle
- Chronic Female Pelvic Pain
- M.D.: University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, 1977
- Residency in OB/Gyn: Boston Hospital for Women, Brigham and Women's Hospital, 1977–1981
- Fellowship in reproductive endocrinology and infertility: Harvard Medical School, 1981–1983, specializing in menopause, infertility, and reproductive neuroendocrinology.
- Instructor, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, 1981–1983
- University of Utah School of Medicine, Dept. of OB/GYN,
Salt Lake City:
- Assistant Professor, 1983–1990
- Director, Fertility Center, 1983–1990
- Associate Professor, 1990–present
- Chief, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology, 1990–1997
- Interim Chair, 1995–1996
- Vice Chair for Academic Affairs, 1997–present
- Professor, 2000
- Obstetrician/gynecologist, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, 1981–1983
- University of Utah Hospitals and Clinics 1983-present
- American Fertility Society
- Planned Parenthood National Medical Committee, Society of Family Planning
- Society for Advanced Reproductive Technology
- Society of Reproductive Endocrinologists
- Utah Medical Association
- Carrell DT, Cartmill D, Jones KP, Hatasaka HH, Peterson CM (2002). Prospective, randomized, blind evaluation of donor semen quality provided by seven commercial sperm banks. Fertility and Sterility, 78(1): 16–21.
- Peterson CM, Reading J, Hatasaka HH, Jones KP, et al. (2004). Use of outcomes-based data in reducing high order multiple pregnancies: The role of age, diagnosis, and embryo score. Fertility and Sterility, 81(6): 1534–1541.
- Czajkowski L, Jones KP (2004). Menopause. In L Haas, ed., Handbook of Primary Care Psychology, pp. 435–455. New York: Oxford University Press.
- Oderda G, Asche C, Jones KP, Merrill RM, Spalding J (2007). Characterization of therapy and costs for patient with uterine fibroids in Utah Medicaid. Archives of Gynecology and Obstetrics, 276(3): 211–218.
- Laine H, Jones KP (2007). Hypoactive sexual dysfunction in a young women. Obstetrics and Gynecology, 109(2): 415–418
Last Updated: January 27, 2010