Avery L. Seifert, MD, FACS - Urology
Dr. Avery L. Seifert reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Seifert has been in private practice in Boise, Idaho, since 1986. He is also Clinical Instructor for the University of Washington School of Medicine.
Before coming to Boise, Dr. Seifert was with Urologic Associates in Fargo, North Dakota, from 1981 to 1986. He served as Assistant Professor of Surgery at the University of North Dakota Medical School in Grand Forks from 1983 to 1986.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Kidney Stones
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Medical Tests: Acid Phosphatase, Creatinine and Creatinine Clearance, Digital Rectal Exam, and Prostate-Specific Antigen
- Prostate Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Tract Infections
- MD: University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, 1975
- Internship: University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, Portland, 1975–1976
- Residency: University of Oregon Health Sciences Center, Division of Urology, 1976–1980
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of North Dakota Medical School, Grand Forks, 1983–1986
- Clinical Instructor, University of Washington School of Medicine, 1986–present
- Idaho Elks Rehabilitation Hospital, Boise, 1986–present
- St. Luke's Regional Medical Center, Boise, 1986–present (Chief of Staff, 2007-2009)
- American College of Surgeons
- American Urological Association
- American Urogynecologic Society
- Society for Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Seifert AL, Pearse HD, Keller FS (1979). Secondary tumors of the kidney: A new diagnostic procedure. Journal of Urology 122(4): 542 - 543.
- Seifert AL (1983). Placement of ureteral catheter inside of Foley catheter. Urology 21(1): 62.
- Seifert AL, Huntington TL (2006). Laparoscopic radical prostatectomy in a community-based hospital without robotic assistance. Urology, 88(4): 831–833.