Ken Y. Yoneda, MD - Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine
Dr. Ken Yoneda reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Yoneda is an internist who specializes in pulmonary disease and critical care medicine. He was named assistant professor in residence in the Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at the University of California, Davis, School of Medicine's Department of Internal Medicine in 1997 and promoted to Associate Professor in 2005. Prior to moving to Sacramento, he was assistant professor of medicine at the University of Nevada School of Medicine in Reno.
Dr. Yoneda has served as principal investigator on several research projects and has published a number of articles about his work in peer-reviewed medical journals.
- American Board of Internal Medicine—1988
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty in Pulmonary Disease—1996
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Subspecialty in Critical Care—1998
- MD: Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL, 1985
- Residency in Internal Medicine, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS, 1985–1988
- Fellowship, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, University of California Davis Medical Center, Sacramento, CA, 1993–1997
- University of Nevada School of Medicine,
- Assistant Professor of Medicine, 1988–1983
- Associate Program Director, Internal Medicine Residency Program, 1990–1993
- University of California, Davis, School of
Medicine, Sacramento, CA:
- Assistant Professor in Residence, Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, University of California, Davis, School of Medicine, Sacramento, CA, 1997–2005
- Associate Professor, Clinical Internal Medicine, 2005-present
- Staff Physician, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Reno, NV, 1988–1993
- Staff member, Vencor Hospital, Folsom, CA, 1994
- Staff member, Veterans Affairs, Northern California Healthcare System, Mather, CA, 1996
- Staff member, David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, CA, 1997
- Attending Physician, University of California, Davis, Medical Center, 1997
- American College of Chest Physicians
- American College of Physicians
- American Thoracic Society
- Yoneda KY, Harper RW, Louie S (2003). Severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. Clinical Reviews in Allergy and Immunology, 25(2): 151–163.
- Wachi S, Yoneda K, Wu R (2005). Interactome-transciptome analysis reveals the high centrality of genes differentially expressed in lung cancer tissues. Bioinformatics, 21(23): 4205–4208.
- Louie S, Yoneda, KY, Kenyon NJ (2001). Bronchial asthma in adults. In EM Gershwin, ed., Bronchial Asthma, pp. 210–229. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press.
- Louie S, Yoneda, KY, Kenyon NJ (2006). Adult-onset asthma. In EM Gershwin, ed., Bronchial Asthma: A Guide for Practical Understanding and Treatment, chap. 5. Totowa, NJ: Humana Press.