Charles M. Myer III, MD - Pediatrics, Otolaryngology
Dr. Charles Myer reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Myer specializes in pediatric otolaryngology and is a well-known speaker, author, and editor on disorders of the ear, nose, and throat. He is Professor of Otolaryngology at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine, where he also serves as Vice-Chairman and Director of the residency program. He has special interests in general pediatric otolaryngology, head and neck tumors, airway problems, congenital abnormalities, and sinus diseases.
Dr. Myer has been president of the American Society of Pediatric Otolaryngology and has authored numerous articles including co-authoring A Practical Approach to Pediatric Otolaryngology, Practical Pediatric Otolaryngology.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Ear Infections in Children
- Nose Injuries
- Objects in the Nose
- Strep Throat
- Hearing Loss
- Should my child have a tonsillectomy?
- M.D.: University of Alabama School of Medicine, 1978
- Residency, General Surgery: Good Samaritan Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 1979–1980
- Residency, Otolaryngology: University of Cincinnati, 1980–1984
- Fellowship, Pediatric Otolaryngology: Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA 1984–1985
- Professor of Pediatric Otolaryngology, Children's Hospital Medical Center, Cincinnati, OH, 1985–present
- Professor of Otolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery, University Hospital, Cincinnati, OH, 1985–present
- American Medical Association
- American Academy of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
- Scientific Advisory Board, National Foundation for Ectodermal Dysplasias (previous)
- Pan American Association of Oto-rhino-laryngology Head and Neck Surgery
- Society for Ear, Nose and Throat Advances in Children
- American Academy of Pediatrics Section of Otolaryngology and Bronchoesophagology
- Society of University Otolaryngologists - Head and Neck Surgeons
- White DR, Preciado DA, Stamper B, Willging JP, Myer III CM, Cotton RT, Rutter MJ. (2005). Airway reconstruction in pediatric burn patients. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 133(3): 362–365
- Burkart CM, Myer III CM, Cotton RT, Rutter MJ. (2006). Management of incidental thyroidglossal duct cysts during laryngotracheal reconstruction. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology, 70(5): 875–878.
- Buchinsky F, Devkay CS, Quigly M, Myer III CM, Choi SS, Conley SF. (2006). Unique challenges of obtaining regulatory approval for a multicenter protocol to study the genetics of RRB and suggested remedies. Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery. 135(2): 189–196.
- Johnson RJ, Vijaysekavran S, Myer III CM. (2007). Histiocytosis, sickle cell anemia, and rhabdomyosarcoma. In JP Harris, MH Weiman, eds., Head and Neck Manifestations of Systemic Disease. New York: Informa.