Specialists who treat chronic lung disease

Newborns who have chronic lung disease are treated by a variety of specialists, including:

  • Doctors who specialize in the care of newborns (neonatologists) or in conditions of the lung (pulmonologists).
  • Doctors who specialize in heart care for children (pediatric cardiologists).
  • Doctors who specialize in infectious diseases in children.
  • Certain nurses (pediatric clinical nurse specialists).
  • Other health professionals, including dietitians or nutritionists, social workers, and therapists (respiratory, speech, occupational, and physical).

Last Updated: May 11, 2009

related physicians

related services

Bon Secours International| Sisters of Bon Secours USA| Bon Secours Health System

This information does not replace the advice of a doctor. Healthwise disclaims any warranty or liability for your use of this information. Your use of this information means that you agree to the Terms of Use. Privacy Policy. How this information was developed to help you make better health decisions.

© 1995-2010 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.