Thomas Emmett Francoeur, MDCM, CSPQ, FRCPC - Pediatrics
Dr. Thomas Emmett Francoeur reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Francoeur, a former president of the Canadian Pediatric Society, is a pediatrician at the Montreal Children's Hospital in Montreal, Quebec, where he is the director of the Child Development Programme and the codirector of the Psychopharmacology Clinic of the Developmental Behavioural Pediatric Service. Dr. Francoeur is an associate professor in the Department of Pediatrics at McGill University in Montreal.
Dr. Francoeur has participated in numerous lecture series in Montreal and is a frequent presenter throughout Canada. He is fluent in both French and English.
- National Board of Medical Examiners—1975
- Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada—1976
- Certificate Specialist of the Province of Quebec (Pediatrics)—1979
- American Academy of Pediatrics—1980
- Fellow, Royal College of Physicians of Canada—1980
- Diplomate, America Board of Pediatrics, Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics—2004
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Growth and Development, Ages 12 to 24 Months
- Possible Ear Infection, Age 3 and Younger
- Phenylketonuria (PKU)
- Whooping Cough
- BA: Loyola College, Montreal, QC - 1970
- MDCM: McGill University, Montreal, QC, 1974
- Rotating Internship: St. Joseph's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 1974–1975
- Resident I–III in Pediatrics: Montreal Children's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 1975–1978
- Resident IV and Chief Resident in Pediatrics: Montreal Children's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 1978–1979
- Fellowship in Ambulatory Pediatrics: Montreal Children's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 1979–1980
- Research Fellow in Developmental Pediatrics: McGill University–Montreal Children's Hospital Research Institute, Montreal, QC, 1980–1981
- Medical Director, Developmental Behavioral Pediatric Services, Montreal Children's Hospital Montreal, QC - 2004-present
- Codirector, Psychopharmacology Clinic, Developmental Behavioural Pediatric Service, Montreal Children's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 2000–present
- Director, Child Development Programme, Montreal Children's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 2004–present
- Member, Council of Physicians and Dentists, St. Mary's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 1988–present
- Member, Council of Physicians, Dentists, and Pharmacists, Montreal Children's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 1979–present
- Medical Consultant, Allied Health Services, Montreal Children's Hospital, Montreal, QC, 2004-present
- Community-Based Pediatrician, Montreal, QC, 1985-present
- Canadian Pediatric Society
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Canadian Medical Association
- Osler Society of McGill University
- Society for Developmental Behavioral Pediatrics
- Center of Excellence for Early Child Development
- Barr RG, Rotman A, Yaremko J, Leduc D, Francoeur TE (1992). The crying of infants with colic: A controlled empirical description. Pediatrics, 90: 14–21.
- Barr RG, McMullan SJ, Spiess H, Leduc DG, Yaremko J, Barfield R, Francoeur TE, Hunziker UA (1991). Carrying as colic therapy: A randomized controlled trial. Pediatrics, 87: 623–630.
- Francoeur TE (1991). Constipation. In RA Hoekelman et al., eds., Primary Pediatric Care, 2nd ed. St. Louis: Mosby.
- Riou E, Ghosh S, Francoeur E, Shevell M. (2009) Global developmental delay and its relationship to cognitive skills. Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology. 51;600-606.
Last Updated: January 27, 2010