Yifrah Kaminer, MD, MBA - Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
Dr. Yifrah Kaminer reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Kaminer has been with the Department of Psychiatry and the Alcohol Research Center at the University of Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, Connecticut, since 1993. He was appointed professor of psychiatry in 2003 and professor of pediatrics in 2009. His research interests include the diagnosis and treatment of adolescent high-risk behaviors, including substance abuse disorders, gambling behavior, suicidal behavior, and psychiatric comorbidity. In addition to being the author of more than 120 publications and 4 books, Dr. Kaminer is the author of the Teen Addiction Severity Index (T-ASI). Dr. Kaminer consults internationally on the design, management, and staff training of substance abuse services for adolescents.
Dr. Kaminer is on the editorial board and/or a reviewer for a number of other publications.
- MD: Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel, 1976
- Residency and Fellowship in Psychiatry and Child/Adolescent Psychiatry: Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, 1979–1984
- Clinical Research Fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry: Brown University School of Medicine, Providence, RI, 1985–1987
- Visiting Clinical Fellowship: Substance Abuse Treatment Program, McLean Hospital, Belmont, MA, 1987
- MBA: Barney School of Business, University of Hartford, Hartford, CT, 2000
- Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, University of Pittsburgh; Founder, Adolescent and Young Adult Drug Abuse and Psychiatric Treatment Program, Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, University of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, PA, 1988–1990
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Psychiatry, Brown University, Center for Alcohol and Addiction Studies; Director, E.P. Bradley Hospital Adolescent Substance Abuse Intervention Center, Providence, RI, 1990–1992
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Alcohol Research Center, University of Connecticut, Farmington, 1994–2003
- Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Alcohol Research Center, University of Connecticut, Farmington, 2003–present
- Professor, Department of Pediatrics, University of Connecticut, Farmington, 2009-present
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- International Society of Addiction Medicine
- Research Society on Alcoholism
- Kaminer Y, Napolitano C. (In press). Aftercare phone intervention for adolescent substance abusers. Hazelden.
- Kaminer Y, Winters K (Eds.). (In press). Clinical Manual of Adolescent Substance Abuse Treatment. American Psychiatric Publishing Inc., Washington, DC.
- Kaminer Y, Bukstein O (Eds.). (2008). Adolescent Substance Abuse: Dual diagnosis and high risk behaviors. Routledge/Taylor & Francis, NY.
- Kaminer Y, Burleson JA, Burke R. (2008). Can Assessment Reactivity predice treatment outcome among adolescents with alcohol and other substance use disorders. Substance Abuse, 29(2):63-70.
- Kaminer Y, Burleson JA, Burke R. (2008). Aftercare for adolescents with alcohol use disorders: A randomized controlled study. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. 47(12):1405-1412.
Last Updated: January 27, 2010