Peter Anderson, MD, FRCS(C) - Pediatric Urology
Dr. Peter Anderson reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Anderson is a professor of urology and past director of the Residency Training Program at Dalhousie University in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He is on the medical staff at the IWK Health Centre and the Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, both in Halifax.
- Medical Council of Canada Examination—1982
- Fellow, Royal College of Surgeons of Canada—1988
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Undescended Testicle
- Urinary Problems and Injuries, Age 11 and Younger
- Urinary Tract Infections in Children
- Congenital Hydrocele
- MD: Dalhousie University, 1982
- Rotating Internship: St. Joseph's Hospital, London, ON, 1982–1983
- Residency in General Surgery: Dalhousie University, 1983–1985
- Residency in Urology: Dalhousie University, 1985–1988
- Laboratory Research in Urinary Tract Infections: Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden, 1988–1989
- Pediatric Urology: Royal Liverpool Children's Hospital, Liverpool, UK, 1989–1990
- Training Programme Director, Dalhousie University Urology Residence, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, 1997–present
- Professor of Urology, Dalhousie University, 2004–present
- Vice President of Education, Canadian Urological Association, 2007–present
- Council member, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, 2006–present
- Active Medical Staff, IWK Health Centre, Halifax, NS
- Active Medical Staff, Queen Elizabeth II Health Sciences Centre, Halifax, NS
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American Urological Association
- Canadian Academy of Urological Surgeons
- Canadian Medical Protective Association
- Canadian Urological Association
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia
- Doctors Nova Scotia (formerly known as Medical Society of Nova Scotia)
- Pediatric Urologists of Canada Society (Past President)
- Physicians for a Smoke-Free Canada
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Society for Fetal Urology
- Nicolle L, Anderson PA, Conly J, et al. (2006). Uncomplicated urinary tract infection in women. Canadian Family Physician, 52(9): 612-618.
- Pelletier AK, Anderson PA, Schwarz RD. (2005) Comparison of different substances for subureteric injection in the management of vesicoureteric reflux in children. Canadian Journal of Urology, 12(4): 2774-2777.
- Metcalfe PD, Anderson PA, Wright JR. (2002) MCDK not excluded by virtue of function on renal scan. Canadian Journal of Urology, 9(6): 1690-1693.
- Wong CD, Anderson PA, et al. (1999). Congenital hydronephrosis: Who requires intervention? Canadian Journal of Urology, 6(3): 812–818.
- Padmore DE, Anderson PA, et al. (1997). Evaluation of a non-invasive method to determine bladder volume in children. Canadian Journal of Urology, 4(1): 305–308.
- Anderson PA (1994). An alarming approach to the treatment of nocturnal enuresis. Canadian Journal of Paediatrics, 1: 204–207.