Jan Ulfberg, MD, PhD - Internal Medicine/Sleep Disorders
Dr. Jan Ulfberg reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Ulfberg is medical director of the Sleep Disorders Centers at Avesta Hospital, Sweden, and the Inland Hospital, Norway. In addition, Dr. Ulfberg is an associate professor of medicine at Uppsala University, Sweden.
- Medical Director: Sleep Disorders Center, Avesta Hospital, Avesta, Sweden
- Medical Director: Sleep Disorders Center, Inland Hospital, Tynset, Norway
- Bjorvatn B, Leissner L, Ulfberg J, et al. (2005). Prevalence, severity, and risk factors of restless legs syndrome in the general adult population in two Scandinavian countries. Sleep Medicine, 6(4): 307–312.
- Wesstrom J, Ulfberg J, et al. (2005). Sleep apnea and hormone replacement therapy: A pilot study and a literature review. Acta Obstetricia et Gynecologica Scandinavica, 84(1): 54–57.
- Carter N, Ulfberg J, et al. (2003). Sleep debt, sleepiness, and accidents among males in the general population and male professional drivers. Accident: Analysis and Prevention, 35(4): 614–617.
- Ulfberg J (1999). Sleep-Disordered Breathing at Work: Cause and Effects. Doctoral thesis. Sweden: Uppsala University.