Christopher G. Wood, MD, FACS - Urology
Dr. Christopher Wood reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Wood is an Associate Professor of Urology and Cancer Biology at the University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Testicular Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Cancer, Metastatic or Recurrent
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- MD: Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Internship: Northwestern University McGaw Medical Center, Chicago, IL
- Residency: Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Fellowship: University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX
- Assistant Professor of Urology and Cancer Biology, University of Texas M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
- Director/Program Chairman, Biannual Urologic Oncology: Advances in Clinical Practice, 2004–present
- Kidney Cancer Association Medical Advisory Board, 2003–present
- American Urological Association
- Wood CG (2007). Retroperitoneal lymph node dissection for testicular cancer. Operative Techniques in General Surgery, 8(2): 112-116.
- Lin X, Wood CG, Shao L, Huang M, Yang H, Dinney CP, Wu X (2007). Risk assessment of renal cell carcinoma using alkaline comet assay. Cancer. 110(2): 282-288.
- Black PC, Basen-Engquist K, Wang X, Swartz RJ, Eddings T, Matin SF, Swanson D, Wood CG, Pisters Ll, Babaian RJ, Troncoso P, Pettaway CA (2007). A randomized prospective trail evaluating testosterone, haemoglobin kinetics and quality of life, during and after 12 months of androgen deprivation after prostatectomy: Results from the Postoperative Adjuvant Androgen Deprivation trial. British Journal of Urology International, 100(1): 63-69.
- Shao L, Wood CG, Zhang D, Tannir NM, Matin S, Dinney CP, Wu X (2007). Telomere dysfunction in peripheral lymphocytes as a potential predisposition factor for renal cancer. Journal of Urology, 178(4, Pt 1): 1492-14966.