Matthew I. Kim, MD - Endocrinology and Metabolism
Dr. Matthew Kim reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Kim is an Associate Physician in the Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension at Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, Massachusetts.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Thyroid Nodules
- Paget's Disease of the Bone
- Thyroid Biopsy
- Thyroid Scan
- Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone (TSH)
- Type 1 Diabetes
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Thyroid Cancer
- Type 1 Diabetes: Recently Diagnosed
- Type 1 Diabetes: Living With the Disease
- Type 1 Diabetes: Living With Complications
- Type 2 Diabetes: Recently Diagnosed
- Type 2 Diabetes: Living With the Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes: Living With Complications
- MD: Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO, 1996
- Internship and Residency: Internal Medicine, Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, 1996–1999
- Fellowship: Endocrinology and Metabolism, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 1999–2002
- Fellowship: Applied Fellowship in Medical Informatics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD, 2001–2003
- Associate Physician, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Hypertension, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA.
- American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- American College of Physicians
- American Medical Informatics Association
- American Society of Internal Medicine
- Endocrine Society
- Kim MI, Ladenson PW, Clark DP, Owens CL (2009). Preoperative considerations in the evaluation of a thyroid nodule and well differentiated thyroid cancer. in: Tufano RP, Zeiger M, Weber RS, eds. Atlas of Thyroid and Parathyroid Surgery, Philadelphia: Mosby.
- Kim MI, Tufano RP (2008). Medical Management of Benign Thyroid Diseases. In: Gourin CG, Terris DJ, eds. Thyroid and Parathyroid diseases: Medical and Surgical Management of Thyroid and Parathyroid Diseases. New York: Thieme.
- Kim MI, Ladenson PW. (2007). Hypothyroidism in the Elderly. In Endotext.com. Available online: http://www.endotext.org/aging/aging9/agingframe9.htm.
- Kim MI (2006). An integrated graphic scheme for the display of insulin prescription and blood glucose information. Diabetes Technology and Therapeutics. 8(4): 505-512.
- Kim MI (2006). Endocrinology. In: Flynn J, editor. Oxford Handbook of Clinical Medicine American Edition, New York: Oxford University Press.
- Sabet A, Berkenblit GV, Kim MI (2006). Thyroid Disorders. In: Piccini J, editor. The Ossler Medical Handbook. Philadelphia: Mosby.
- Ladenson PW, Kim MI (2006). The Thyroid. In: Goldman L, Ausiello D, eds. Cecil Textbook of Medicine, 23rd Edition. New York: Elsevier.
- Kim MI, Johnson KB (2004). Patient entry of information: Evaluating user interfaces. Journal of Medical Internet Research, 6(2):e13.
- Ladenson PW, Kim MI, eds. (2002). Endocrinology and Metabolism: An Internet Resource Guide. Montvale, NJ: Thomson Medical Economics.
- Kim MI, Johnson KB (2002). Personal health records: Evaluation of functionality and utility. Journal of the American Medical Informatics Association, 9(2): 171-180 (Selected for inclusion in the IMIA 2003 Yearbook of Medical Informatics.)
- Kim MI, Ladenson PW (2001). Thyrotoxicosis. in RE Rakel, ET Bope, eds., Conn's Current Therapy, pp. 677-681. Philadelphia: WB Saunders.
Last Updated: January 27, 2010