Kevin Holcomb, MD - Gynecologic Oncology
Dr. Kevin Holcomb reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Holcomb is an Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology at Weill-Cornell Medical College in New York, New York.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Abnormal Pap Test
- Endometrial (Uterine) Cancer
- Cervical Cancer
- MD: New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, 1992
- Residency: Obstetrics and Gynecology, New York Hospital, Cornell Medical Center, New York City, 1992–1996
- Fellowship: Gynecologic Oncology, State University of New York (SUNY) Health Science Center at Brooklyn and Kings County Hospital Center, NY, 1996–1999
- Associate Professor of Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, Weill-Cornell Medical College, New York, NY
- American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
- National Medical Association
- Society of Gynecologic Oncologists
- Seto-Young D, Leonardi O, Holcomb K, Park A, Salehi M, Chang P, Yih M, Rosenwaks Z, Poretsky L (2005). Hormonally active non-transformed human ovarian cell culture from oophorectomy specimens: Methods of development and characterization. Hormone Research, 64(5): 238–247.
- Holcomb K, Runowicz CD (2005). Cervical cancer screening. Surgical Oncology Clinics of North America, 14(4): 777–797.
- Seto-Young D, Paliou M, Schlosser J, Avtanski D, Park A, Holcomb K, Chang P, Poretsky L (2005). Thiazolidinedione action in the human ovary: Direct effects on steroidogenesis and insulin-like growth factor binding protein-1 (IGFBP-1) production. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 90(11): 6099–6105.
- Seto-Young D, Avtanski D, Strizhevsky M, Parikh G, Patel P, Kaplun J, Holcomb K, Rosenwaks Z, Poretsky L (2007). Interactions among peroxisome proliferator activated receptor-gamma, insulin signaling pathways, and steroidogenic acute regulatory protein in human ovarian cells. Journal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 92(6): 2232–2239.
Last Updated: January 27, 2010