Keith Alan Denkler, MD - Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Dr. Keith Denkler reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Denkler is an Associate Clinical Professor of Plastic Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco, and is in private practice in Larkspur, California.
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Cosmetic Surgery and Procedures
- Should I have breast reconstruction after mastectomy?
- MD: Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX, 1979
- Internship: St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, TX, 1980
- Residency: General Surgery, St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, TX, 1981–1984
- Residency: Plastic Surgery, St. Joseph Hospital, Houston, TX, 1985–1987
- Fellowship: Hand Surgery, Drs. Kilgore and Newmeyer, San Francisco, CA, 1984–1985
- Fellowship: Cranio-Maxillo-Facial Surgery, Dr. Paul Tessier, Paris, France, 1987–1988
- Associate Clinical Professor, Plastic Surgery, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA
- Marin General Hospital, Larkspur, CA
- UCSF Moffitt-Long Hospital, San Francisco, CA
- American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- California Medical Association
- California Society of Plastic Surgery
- Marin Medical Society
- Texas Medical Association
- Thomson CJ, Lalonde DH, Denkler KA, Feicht AJ (2007). A critical look at the evidence for and against elective epinephrine use in the finger. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 119(1): 260–266.
- Denkler K, Kivett WF (2006). Topical treatment of nasal keratoacanthoma. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, 117(7): 2516–2517.
- Gruber R, Denkler K, Hvistendahl Y (2006). Extended crescent mastopexy with augmentation. Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, 30(3): 269–274; discussion 275-276.
- Denkler K (2003). Helpful hints for injections of the wrist and hand region. American Family Physician, 68(10): 1912.
- Denkler K, Kivett W (2005). Non-melanoma skin cancers. In SJ Mathes, ed., Plastic Surgery. Philadelphia: Saunders.