William F. Hohlt, DDS - Orthodontics
Dr. William F. Hohlt reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Hohlt is Professor Emeritus of Orthodontics at Indiana University School of Dentistry and is a Clinical Professor of Orthodontics at the University of Illinois, Chicago. In 2000 Dr. Hohlt received the IUPUI TERA Teaching Excellence Recognition Award. He serves as Member/Chair of the Thesis Committee for select students in the Master's of Science in Dentistry program.
Dr. Hohlt is an invited speaker on a frequent basis and performs peer review activities for the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and the Indiana Dental Journal.
- DDS: Indiana University School of Dentistry, 1962
- General Practice Residency: United States Navy, 1963
- Clinical Proficiency Certificate in Orthodontics, 1969
- Director of Undergraduate Orthodontics, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 1988–present
- Indiana University School of Dentistry Graduate Faculty, 1988–present
- Associate Professor with Tenure, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 1994–present
- Clinical Professor of Orthodontics, College of Dentistry, University of Illinois, 1998–present
- American Association of Orthodontists
- American Board of Orthodontics
- American College of Dentists
- American Dental Association
- College of Diplomats of the American Board of Orthodontics
- Indiana Dental Association
- Indianapolis District Dental Society
- Indiana Society of Orthodontists
- International College of Dentists
- Hohlt WF (1998). Orthodontic crown lengthening of a fractured tooth. In WB Hall et al., eds., Decision Making in Dental Treatment Planning. St. Louis: Mosby.
- Roberts WE, Hohlt WF, Baldwin JJ (2001). Adjunctive orthodontic therapy: Biological, mechanical, and treatment considerations. In SE Bishara, ed., Textbook of Orthodontics. St. Louis: W.B. Saunders.
- Roberts WE, Hohlt WF, Baldwin JJ (2001). Correction of partially edentulous malocclusions: Facial esthetics and vertical dimension of occlusion. In JA McNamara, ed., Frontiers of Dental Oral Facial Esthetics. Ann Arbor, MI: Center for Human Growth and Development. University of Michigan.
Last Updated: January 27, 2010