George J. Philippides, MD, FACC - Cardiology
Dr. George J. Philippides reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. Philippides is director of the Coronary Care Unit at Boston Medical Center and an assistant professor at Boston University School of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts.
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease
Healthwise Knowledgebase Topics Reviewed
- Aortic Valve Regurgitation
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Restrictive Cardiomyopathy
- MD: Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY, 1985
- Residency: Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA, 1986–1988
- Fellowship: Cardiology, Boston Medical Center, 1990–1993
- Philippides GJ (2006). Managing the post-myocardial infarction patient with asymptomatic left ventricular dysfunction. Cardiology, 105(2): 95–107
- Moraes D, Philippides GJ, et al. (1998). Papillary fibroelastoma of the mitral valve with systemic embolization. Circulation, 98(12): 1251–1252.
- Philippides GJ, et al. (1996). Potential advantages of direct-acting thrombin inhibitors. Coronary Artery Disease, 7(7): 497–507.
- Philippides GJ, et al. (1995). Coronary angioplasty and surgical revascularization: Emerging concepts. Cardiology, 86(4): 324–338.