Susanna A. McColley, MD - Pediatric Pulmonology
Dr. Susanna McColley reviews medical content for Healthwise, a nonprofit organization with a mission to help people make better health decisions. Dr. McColley is a pediatrician certified in pediatric pulmonology. She is Head of the Division of Pulmonary Medicine and Director of the Cystic Fibrosis Center at The Children's Memorial Medical Center in Chicago. She serves as the Clinical Medical Advisor on the Board of Directors for the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Greater Illinois Chapter, and is a former member and chairman of the Center Committee of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
Dr. McColley serves as an ad hoc reviewer for several medical journals. She is also actively involved in research relating to cystic fibrosis.
- American Board of Pediatrics—989, 1999
- Sub-Board of Pediatric Pulmonology—1992, 2000, 2006
- M.D.: Northwestern University Medical School, 1985
- Internship: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, 1986
- Residency: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, 1988
- Fellowship: The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Pediatric Pulmonary Division, 1992
- Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- American Thoracic Society
- Fellow, American Academy of Pediatrics
- Fellow, American College of Chest Physicians
- McColley SA, Stellmach V, Boas SR, Jain M, Crawford SE (2000). Serum vascular endothelial growth factor is elevated in cystic fibrosis and decreases with treatment of acute pulmonary exacerbation. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 161(4): 1877–1880.
- Jain M, Ramirez D, Seshadri R, Cullina JF, Powers CA, Schulert GS, Bar-Meir M, Sullivan CL, McColley SA, Hauser AR (2004). Type III secretion phenotypes of Pseudomonas aeruginosa strains change during infection of individuals with cystic fibrosis. Journal of Clinical Microbiology, 42(11): 5229–5237.
- Padman R, McColley SA, Miller DP, Konstan MW, Morgan WJ, Schechter MS, Ren C, Wagener JS, the Investigators and Coordinators of the Epidemiologic Study of Cystic Fibrosis (2007). Infant care patterns at Epidemiologic Study of Cystic Fibrosis Sites that achieve superior childhood lung function. Pediatrics, 119(3), e531–e537.
- O'Malley CA, VandenBranden S, Zheng X, Polito A, McColley SA (2007). A day in the life of a nebulizer: Surveillance for bacterial growth in nebulizer equipment of children with cystic fibrosis in the hospital setting. Respiratory Care, 52(3): 258–262.