HealThy Self, our exciting new program featured at the St. Francis Institute for Chronic Health, features St. Francis programs of cardiac,
pulmonary and vascular fitness. Upon referral by a physician to a HealThy Self
program, clients meet with specially-trained nurses, exercise physiologists, dietitians
and therapists. This care team works with each clients physician to design a
fitness program and individualized lifestyle plan that fits his or her personal
needs. The team helps each client reach their individual goals in order to reach
Our comprehensive diabetes services include inpatient diabetes case management, an outpatient educational program for people with diabetes and their families, a diabetes foot care program and a gestational diabetes program. Patients can receive nutritional counseling, personalized self-management guidance, and follow-up care.
Most insurance companies, including Medicare, cover diabetes education costs. A physician referral is required to participate in the diabetes programs, and the Diabetes Center maintains contact with the patient's physician to keep them informed of the patient's progress. Contact Diabetes Services at 864-400-3651.
gestational diabetes program
- Certified diabetes educators work closely with patients and their obstetricians to provide individualized gestational diabetes treatment plans.
- Patients receive nutritional counseling, personalized self-management guidance, and follow-up care.
- Programs may consist of individual and/or group sessions based on individual needs.
- Progress reports are sent to the referring physician.
- Pre-pregnancy counseling is available for women with diabetes, or those who have had gestational diabetes with a previous pregnancy.