When you and your doctor decide it is time for a total joint replacement, St. Francis award-winning Joint Camp program offers an approach that can shorten your recovery and shorten your hospital stay.
Joint Camp is a program dedicated to the comprehensive care of hip replacement and knee replacement patients. Located at ST. FRANCIS eastside in Greenville, Joint Camp combines extensive pre-operative education for the patient and their family, outstanding patient care, and group-focused therapy in an environment created to enhance faster healing and recovery.
award-winning joint replacement care
- First in Upstate South Carolina to Receive Certification from The Joint Commission, 2013-2014
- Recipient of Joint Replacement Excellence Award for 3 Years in a Row, HealthGrades, 2011-2013
- Ranked Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Joint Replacement for 3 Years in a Row, HealthGrades, 2011-2013
- Ranked Among the Top 5 in South Carolina for Joint Replacement for 11 Years in a Row, HealthGrades, 2003-2013
- Five-Star Award Recipient for Joint Replacement for 11 Years in a Row, HealthGrades, 2003-2013
- Five-Star Award Recipient for Knee Replacement for 11 Years in a Row, HealthGrades, 2003-2013
- Five-Star Award Recipient for Hip Replacement for 3 Years in a Row, HealthGrades, 2011-2013
- UnitedHealth Premium Total Joint Replacement Specialty Center, 2012, UnitedHealth
- Blue Distinction Center for Hip and Knee Replacement, 2010, Blue Cross Blue Shield
why joint camp for joint replacement surgery?
Joint Camp patients have their joint replacement surgery at St. Francis eastside in Greenville, SC, and are cared for by a dedicated nursing staff that specializes in caring for total joint replacement patients. The Joint Camp team at our Greenville, SC facility also includes orthopedic surgeons, physical therapists, occupational therapists, social workers and case managers who are specially trained in total joint care.
Before your hip replacement or knee replacement procedure, you receive comprehensive education so you know exactly what to expect of the surgery, the daily expectations of rehabilitation therapy and what you can do before surgery to help you recover more quickly.
We know joint replacement patients are anxious to return to their active, independent lifestyles. Joint Camp rehabilitation therapy includes both physical and occupational components that work to improve your mobility and strength after hip or knee replacement surgery so you can achieve a successful recovery. All therapy sessions are individualized to meet the specific needs of each patient.
Joint Camps group approach to pre-surgical education and therapy adds support and motivation. Friendly competitions can inspire you to work hard during therapy sessions, shortening the recovery process after hip or knee replacement surgery. The unique program helps joint replacement patients receive advanced care. Speak with a Greenville or Upstate, SC area St. Francis physician to learn more about the Joint Camp program.