St. Francis has established itself as a leader in orthopedic care. We offer state-of-the-art facilities and a complete range of diagnostic services, specialty programs and advanced surgical, interventional and treatment procedures including joint replacement, ligament reconstruction and arthroscopy.
Our award-winning care has been honored by Healthgrades as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery for two years in a row, recipient of Healthgrades Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award for two years in a row, and we are ranked among the top 5% in the nation for Overall Orthopedic Services. We are also proud to have accomplished a long list of additional awards for specialty orthopedic services like joint replacement, hip fracture treatment and back and neck surgery.
Our team of experienced orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, nurses, therapists and support staff are dedicated to providing quality care to our patients and support to their families. Our convenient Greenville locations serve the entire Upstate, SC area.
St. Francis offers specialty orthopedic care in:
- Back and Neck Pain
- Hand Surgery
- Osteoporotic (Hip) Fractures
- Joint Camp
- Rehabilitation Services
- Sports Medicine
Why Choose St. Francis?
Bon Secours St. Francis is joined with Bon Secours Medical Group, leading hospitals, employers, health insurance associations and others to focus on monitoring and improving healthcare quality and efficiency in the United States. Together, these organizations have established national, evidence-based measures to evaluate, compare, and standardize the orthopedic performance of hospitals. In addition, hospitals can receive designations and awards for their commitment to reducing medical errors, improving health care quality and reducing costs.
We strongly believe that patients should have access to this information, and with that, we began reporting our efforts to provide patients with greater access to the information needed to make informed decisions about their orthopedic care, even before we were required to do so. Today, our innovative orthopedic program is replicated by other health systems, allowing us the ability to improve surgical care across the country.
We strive to exceed the expectations of the over 10,000 orthopedic patients and their families who entrust their care to our physicians and staff each year. We work toward that goal by delivering care that is effective, safe, coordinated, timely and convenient. Our dedication to superior quality has given patients the most cost-effective care with the best surgical outcomes.
Over 10,000 patients and their families have entrusted their orthopedic care to our physicians and staff each year. Outcomes and process measures are very important indicators of the quality and safety of care provided by a hospital. Excellence of clinical outcomes is closely linked with surgical volume.
Bon Secours St Francis Orthopedic Surgery Unit reports patient satisfaction in the top ten percent according to the Gallup Organization. The survey reveals the patient’s perspective of their care and treatment relative to things like physician and nursing care, pain management and discharge planning. Additionally, in the past year, 92% of our patients would also recommend our hospital. Specific information about our scores can be found on www.hospitalcompare.hhs.gov.
Our readmission rates for Hip and Femur Fracture, Joints, and Spine are well below the national benchmark. In fact, Bon Secours St. Francis Orthopedic Surgery is in the top 15-20% nationwide for the lowest readmissions. A readmission is when a patient has to return to the hospital less than 30 days after discharge. Bon Secours St. Francis Health System takes preventative measures to ensure that our patients are receiving quality care. In addition, we prohibit patients from being discharged prematurely and we confirm that they understand their care plan and are discharged to the appropriate settings for the best recovery.
Joint Camp is below the national benchmark (national benchmark is 0.7) for patient falls. Falls are calculated by fall/1,000 patient days. Falls are a common cause of patient injury, both inside and outside of the hospital. Bon Secours St. Francis Health System takes preventive measures to keep our patients safe.
Our Spinal Fusions are below the national benchmark (national benchmark is 0.3) for patient falls. Falls are calculated by fall/1,000 patient days. Falls are a common cause of patient injury, both inside and outside of the hospital. Bon Secours St. Francis Health System takes preventative measures to keep our patients safe.
Orthopedic Awards and Honors
- Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award™ for 3 Years in a Row, 2012-2014, Healthgrades
- Named One of the 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery three years in a row, 2012-2014, Healthgrades
- Ranked Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Overall Orthopedic Services for 2 Years in a Row, 2013-2014, Healthgrades
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 4 Years in a Row, 2011-2014, Healthgrades
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 3 Years in a Row, 2012-2014, Healthgrades
- Five-Star Recipient for Back Surgery for 2 Years in a Row, 2013-2014, Healthgrades
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery, 2014, Healthgrades
- Recipient of Joint Replacement Excellence Award three years in a row, 2011-2013, Healthgrades
- Top 10% in the nation for Joint Replacement, three years in a row, 2011-2013, Healthgrades
- Ranked #1 in SC for Overall Orthopedic Services two years in a row, 2012-2013, Healthgrades
- Top 10 in SC for Overall Orthopedic Care 11 years in a row, 2003-2013, HealthGrades
- Top 5 in SC for Joint Replacement 11 years in a row, 2003-2013, HealthGrades
- Five Star Rated Overall Orthopedics two years in a row, 2012-2013, Healthgrades
- Five Star Rated for Joint Replacement Surgery, 11 years in a row, 2003-2013, Healthgrades
- Five Star Rated for Total Knee Replacement, 11 years in a row, 2003-2013, Healthgrades
- Five Star Rated for Hip Fracture Replacement two years in a row, 2012-2013, Healthgrades
- Five Star Rated for Back and Neck Surgery, 2013, Healthgrades
- UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine Specialty Center, UnitedHealth
- UnitedHealth Premium Total Joint Replacement Specialty Center, UnitedHealth
- Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Blue Distinction Center for Hip and Knee Replacement, Blue Cross Blue Shield